- Working with sheep, beef, deer, horses, dogs and some dairy experience. This includes breeding, mating, handling and mustering.
- Experience in finishing of stock using feed budgeting.
- Understanding and treatment of diseases and injuries.
- Experience and training in the use and training of working dogs.
- Handling and breaking in of horses.
- Killing and dressing of sheep, beef and pigs.
- Experience in erecting conventional and electric fences.
- Repairs and maintenance of both.
- Handpiece work – dagging, crutching and shearing. Yard work – dipping, drenching, vaccinating etc.
- Chainsaw use, safety and maintenance.
- Scrub cutting.
- Repairs and maintenance of buildings, yards, tracks and water systems.
- Weed and pest control.
Vehicle and mechanical
- Experience with tractors, 4WD’s, and ATV’s.
- Ground working experience.
- Some experience with mechanical repairs and maintenance.